Pink and gray snow mould are among the most invasive turf diseases in Canada, affecting cool-season grasses and developing when cold temperatures are accompanied with excess moisture.
These funguses present on turf as gray or pink matted circular patches. Gray snow mould typically affects grass blades only, while pink snow mould is much more severe, killing both the blade and root of the plant.
The key to ultimate snow mould control is taking preventative action in the fall before cold weather and heavy snowfall trap moisture on the turf.
For best results, use a combination of cultural and chemical methods in the fall to prevent snow mould damage, including:
- Keeping your turf from matting
- Mowing regularly, especially in the weeks leading up to the first major snowfall of the season
- Avoiding the use of nitrogen-based fertilizers within six weeks of expected snow
- Using snow fences to deter the formation of drifts as the excess moisture caused by drifts will encourage the funguses to develop
- Speeding up the drying process by raking matted grass and fertilizing damaged areas.
An economical, cost-effective, broad-spectrum disease control for grasses and labeled trees, shrubs and flowers.
PENDANT™ 50 WDG
A flexible tank mix partner that has shown excellent performance even after 150+ days of snow cover, helping you maximize efficacy and investment in your snow mould management program.
Propiconazole 14.3 ME
Can be used at low rates to offer effective control over stubborn turf grass diseases with protective, curative and eradicant properties for long-lasting results.
Virtual PENDANT™ PRO Kit
Virtual PENDANT™ PRO Kits provide long-term pink and gray snow mould control with 140+ days of protection. It was developed in Canada for Canadian conditions to be the foundation of your snow mould management strategy.
Controlling Pink and Grey Snow Mould in Turfgrasses
Our Retail Partners
QUALI-PRO is proud to partner with the following distributors: